Repaying an Equity Loan


If you purchased your property with the help of an equity loan from a housing association then you will require an RICS accredited surveyor to value the property before you can repay the loan. 

Step 1

We recommend you get in touch with your Housing Association first and let them know you intend to repay the loan or sell. In most cases they will advise you to get a valuation of your property from an RICS accredited surveyor.

Step 2

Once you have selected your surveyor you can arrange a valuation. A surveyor will need to visit your property for an inspection. During the inspection we simply measure your floor area, take some necessary photographs and collate information to assist with the valuation.

Step 3

We then go away and value your property. This can take between 5-7 working days.

Step 4

You are sent your valuation via email as a PDF. You can simply forward this to your Housing Association and begin the process of selling. 

We are Registered Panel Surveyors for:



We are hugely appreciative of the feedback we receive privately and via various widely accessible online platforms such as Google reviews and

“Used the service for straircasing of our property. Excellent service and reasonable pricing and professional staff. I would definitely recommend Copeland and Yussuf LLP.”

Elizabeth Abraham

“Used these guys to sell my shared ownership flat. Simple process, and a fair valuation I thought. I would recommend them to anyone looking for the same.”

Owen Gallagher

“We used this company for our staircasing and they were friendly, professional and very helpful when we ran into a few issues. Would recommend.”

Jake Bullit